April 13 – May 8
Completed Main Lesson Book containing:
- Decorative Cover Page
- Decorative Table of Contents
- 300-word essay introducing Plato and his connection to Geometry (IN YOUR OWN WORDS) Note: 1st lined pages
- Construction and traits of a tetrahedron
- Construction and traits of a cube
- Construction and traits of a octahedron
- Research an architectural structure from modern times; i.e. The Sydney Opera House. On the 2 lined pages in the exact middle of the Main Lesson book, draw either a small replica or the architectural plans (a minimum of 3 inches squared) of your structure of choice. The drawing can be done in graphite, but is not limited to as such. Also include a 300-word paragraph, stating the following: Who was the architect and what was the science behind the design.
- Construction and traits of an icosahedron
- Construction and traits of a dodecahedron
- Give a brief description of the geometric phenomena, The Golden Mean. Find something in nature that demonstrates this and draw it using geometric practices.
- Extra Credit: Construction of a dodecahedron inside an icosahedron
*Please draw every construction on a white blank page, not on lined paper.
*Leave all construction lines, though you may lighten them.
*Please shade figures using light colors and/or coloring lightly as to show construction lines.
*You can outline your construction lines in ink if you choose, but if you do so, be extra careful not to make a mistake and that the ink doesn’t bleed through onto the following page.
*Pace yourself and enjoy!
While the entire book is not due until May 8,
I recommend the following schedule:
April 13 – 17: Assignments 3 – 5
April 20 – 24: Assignments 6 & 7
April 27 – May 1: Assignments 8 – 10
May 4 – 8: Assignments 1 & 2 (#11 is extra credit)
Due Date: Completed Main Lesson book is due on Friday, May 8. Upload individual pictures of each page or a short video.